We believe that the best way to learn or un-learn something is through raising our level of awareness, whether of ourselves, the world around us, and the things we spend our time doing. Our hope is that The School of Un-Learning (SOUL) will connect people to these things to build something known as Recovery Capital.
30 June – 8 September 2021
Register your interest and the team will send you joining instructions.
This 6-week course starts on Weds 30 June 7pm – 8.30pm and will run fortnightly until 8 September.
- Exploring Recovery Capital, what it is and is not (and we’ll explain the crime
- Mindfulness, breathing and exercise
- Nutrition, cooking and exploring our culture through food
- Arts and Crafts – finding something you like, maybe good at or want to explore
- Book and film clubs
This course is for:
People in recovery from addiction and/or problematic drug and alcohol use and those we’ve connected to via our Recovery Cafe.
And ultimately, anyone who:
- Would benefit from a change and feel stuck in their current drug and alcohol use patterns
- Wants to make a change and don’t know how to go about it
- Is resistant to attending treatment services for a variety of reasons
- Has attempted change and wants to develop that further
The course can be taken as a whole or as a series of stand-alone sessions so sign up for all or part of the course. It is free to attend, but there may be some incidental costs which we aim to keep to minimum and which we may be able to help with.